FAQ - Ositis WinProxy Firewall
Document number: faqOS-01
Copyright (c) 2001-2003 1stWorks Corporation. All rights reserved.
Ositis WinProxy Firewall
If you have a Starband/Dish satellite and are using WinProxy Firewall from Ositis, and are having trouble connecting to the 1stWorks Network, try checking these settings:
On the WinProxy Computer:
- Make sure there is no gateway assigned to the internal NIC on your WinProxy machine.
- Make sure the DNS configuration on your WinProxy machine is disabled if you obtain TCP/IP information automatically from your ISP, or enabled with your ISP's DNS servers entered if you have a static external IP address. In WinProxy
- Go to File->Settings and on the General tab, enable Proxy Cascading. The Cascading Port should be 9877. The Cascaded Proxy IP should be 127.0.0.1.
- Enable Flash Acceleration.
- Make sure the Current DNS Server List (File->Settings->protocols tab->DNS setup) does not contain your WinProxy machine's internal IP address and does contain your ISP's DNS servers
- Go to File->Advanced Settings and make sure the slider bar on the Client Access Method tab is set to the second notch from the top.
- Make sure "Transparent Proxy" appears in the WinProxy window (it will be at the bottom of the list of protocols). On your clients:
- If you are using our DHCP to obtain IP info, they should be configured to obtain an IP address automatically, no gateway necessary, DNS disabled.
- If clients have static IP's, they should be in same subnet as WinProxy's internal NIC. Their default gateway and DNS settings should point to the WinProxy machine's internal IP address.
- Make sure you can browse from the client machine with no proxy settings in the browser (go to Tools/Internet Options/Connections tab/LAN Settings and uncheck any boxes that are checked). If this works, most other applications should work through WinProxy.